Monday 23 May 2011

Lancome L'Absolu Creme de Brillance lipgloss review and swatches

You know when sometimes you buy something and find that you really like it, then forget about it for a while (especially if you're buying make up like it's going out of fashion) and when you next use it you remember why you liked it so much in the first place. This happened to me with my Lancome L'Absolu Creme de Brillance. I bought it when it first came out and I remember I really liked it, but since then I have purchased probably 100 other lipglosses and this got put in the back of my drawer. Sometimes I think it's a shame I have so much make up because I keep forgetting to use the really good ones.


Anyway, when I found this lovely little beauty again, I decided I liked it so much, I ended up buying it in another shade. Why? It's an absolutely wonderful lipgloss. It's pigmented, non-sticky, yet really long lasting, moisturising and feels really lovely on my lips. The shade I initially had was 357 Rose Mythique, which I believe was the shade Kate Winslet was wearing in the promo pictures, a beautiful rosy pink shade with fine shimmer. There are only 9 shades in the range (except I can't find 357 anymore actually), so I was a bit limited for choice, but I ended up getting 132 Caprice which is a bit darker, bit more red and not at all shimmery. You can see in the pictures below that there isn't a huge difference between them. These glosses have doe foot applicators which are different from normal doe foot applicators, they are a teardrop shape and pick up just the right amount of gloss and are easy to apply it with. Similar to the L'Oreal Glam Shine lipglosses, but even better. These lipglosses retail for £18.50, but in my mind, they are really worth it. I would get more of them, but there weren't any other shades I fancied.

See more pictures and swatches after the jump!



357, 132

The applicator

357, 132

357, 132 (taken without flash)

357, 132 (taken with flash)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...